Information We Collect About You
- Registration and Account Information: In order to access and use certain content, features and functionality of the Services, whether as a Fan, an Artist or otherwise, we require that you create an account and provide and/or make available (e.g., via third party services) to us certain Information such as your name and email address. In addition to these required information, we ask for secondary information in order to personalize your experience. These optional fields include gender, phone number, city and state. We collect only the Personal Information necessary to provide the Services and to provide you with a more customized and relevant experience. If you’d like to utilize the Services for purchasing tickets (e.g., to view an Audio Deadline Live Streaming Event) or other transaction, you may then be asked to provide your credit card information. When purchasing tickets, you may be pushed to a third-party website that allows you enter your credit card and billing information and complete the purchase transaction. We do not keep or process your credit card or billing information.
- Third Party Platform Information: If you access the Services via your Third Party Platform account (e.g., by logging in to the Services using your Third Party Platform account credentials) and/or integrate your ArtistXP account with your Third Party Platform account, we may collect certain information about you from the Third Party Platform, such as your username, email address, music preferences and other information you provided to the Third Party Platform in connection with your account. We use this information to further enhance your ArtistXP user profile. If you do not connect ArtistXP to a Third Party Platform, or otherwise disconnect your ArtistXP account from such Third Party Platform, that may limit our collection of certain Information about you, which may limit your ability to use certain features of the Services.
- Personal Information You Choose to Provide to Obtain Additional Services: We may collect Personal Information that you choose to provide to us when you elect to participate in optional Site-features or Services. For example, if you sign up to receive newsletters, marketing promotions or other communications regarding the Services, your favorite Artists and/or third-party products or services, participate in contests, surveys and other promotions related to the Services, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and survey responses in order to provide the additional features or Services. We will make clear what information we may process as a result of your engagement with the optional Site-features or Services.
How We Use Information
- To fulfill our contractual obligations under an existing agreement with you or in anticipation of entering into an agreement with you, including:To provide any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Services (e.g., tickets to a Live Streaming Event, etc.);To enforce your legal rights under an agreement; andTo provide you with an estimate for the cost of our products and services.
- To meet and fulfill our legitimate business interests, including: To contact you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services;To market and promote the Services, including promotions and other initiatives and sending marketing e-mails and correspondence;To respond to your questions, comments, complaints, requests and other communications;To track your return visits and use of the Services and to save your User Account, registration and profile data or other Information in order to tailor your experience with the Services, customize what you see when you use the Services, and save your credentials so you do not to have to re-enter such data each time you use the Services;To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, modifying and improving the Services’ and Sites’ functionality and performance;To grow our business;To get to know our potential and existing users, clients and customers;To develop new products and/or services, or personalize the ArtistXP App;To accumulate and report aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity, or to provide reporting for internal and external clients, business partners, agents, Artists and their managers, etc.; andTo determine which features and functionality of the Services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve the Services.
Information We Share With Third Parties
It is our ongoing effort to improve the Services and customize the user’s experience, whether as a Fan or an Artist. We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Information with others except in the following circumstances:
- Our Group Entities: We may disclose your Information to other group entities that are affiliates and/or subsidiaries or parents of ArtistXP in order to provide you with tailored products, services and communications or in accordance with our internal policies or administrative or business practices.
- Your Friends: We may disclose your Personal Information with your friends on ArtistXP if you tell us you want to share such information and your activities on ArtistXP, all in accordance with the preferences you set in your account.
- Artists and their Teams: If you elect to share your Information, we may share your Information with Artists, managers, representatives, agents, advertisers and other third parties in connection with analytic tools or platforms we may offer.
- With Your Consent: We will obtain consent from you prior to enabling your use of any location-based services. If you reside in the EU, we will obtain consent from you prior to sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes if we are unable to rely on our legitimate interests in doing so.
- Corporate Transactions or Events: We may disclose your Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- To Fulfill Your Requests: If you elect to use certain authentication or sharing features available on the Sites or via the Services, we may use your Personal Information to fulfill your request to share content with or provide access to such third parties (e.g., Facebook, SoundCloud, Instagram, etc.).
Rights and Choices Regarding Information (e.g., Opting Out; Disabling Certain Features)
At times, you may be presented with the option to “opt-in” to receiving certain push notifications, marketing and promotional communications or other information from us and others that we think will be of interest to you. Recipients of such communications can unsubscribe or “opt-out” by following the specific instructions included in such communications or by adjusting your ArtistXP App settings in your Device. At any time you may request that we delete your Information and/or your account, or opt you out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from us, by emailing us at email@example.com detailing your request. Please note that such requests may not take effect immediately, but will be processed without undue delay and during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. We will take steps to delete your Information as soon as is practicable, but some Information may remain in archived/ backup copies pursuant to our legal obligations or as otherwise required by law. We will communicate the erasure to each recipient to whom Information was disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts.
If you are an EU citizen or reside in the EU, you may have certain additional rights with respect to the Personal Information you provided to us. To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, you may:
- Access or modify your Personal Information;
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information if the legal ground we are relying on is our legitimate interest or in the public interest;
- Request that your Personal Information be erased if it is no longer necessary to be retained for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn consent to, or object to, the processing of such Personal Information and we meet no other legitimate basis for such processing or it has been unlawfully processed;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information if you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of our processing, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it;
- Under certain circumstances, have your Personal Information transferred to another company;
- Withdraw any consents that you have previously provided to allow us to process your Personal Information; or
- Stop receiving our marketing communications. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some requests may require you to verify your identity.
Opting Out of Use of Certain Information That May be Collected by Tracking Technologies
Retaining Your Personal Information
We maintain and have implemented security safeguards to protect the Personal Information submitted to and collected, used and stored by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and Personal Information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
Our Policy Regarding Children
Our Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you may not use the Services, including registering for or providing any information about yourself to or in connection with the Services, participating in any sweepstakes, contests, social networking features, posting, communications functionality or engaging in other activities that collect and/or permit you to enter information about yourself. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com. For users in the United States, please also visit https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy online.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We and some of our subsidiaries and affiliates, servers, vendors and service providers may not be located in your jurisdiction and may also be located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland. If you download, interact with and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the U.S., please be advised that any Information you provide, or that is collected by us from Third Party Platforms, in connection with any such activity may be processed in and/or transferred to the United States and/or other territories and locations, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you download, interact with or otherwise use the Services. If you are an EU citizen or resident in the EU, we will transfer your Personal Information to the United States in accordance with EU data protection law requirements by using model contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission or other appropriate means.
Please note that such transfers may also be necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you, to fulfill a request made by you, to meet a legal or regulatory obligation and/or through obtaining you express consent. If you make transactions with parties outside the EEA or Switzerland or connect our Service with platforms, such as Facebook, outside the EEA or Switzerland, we are required to transfer your Personal Information with those parties in order to provide the requested Service to you. If you wish to gain more information about such transfers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as “unsubscribe”) with respect to use of your Personal Information by third parties for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your Personal Information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to our Privacy Administrator at email@example.com. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”, include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone, postal mail or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Links to Third Party Platforms and Services